We celebrated our BASECAMP one-year anniversary by sharing this sweet treat for all visitors who stopped by to enjoy the festivities. We are sharing this amazing recipe with you but with a promise you will keep these as a "special treat" within your regular nutrition plan. Moderation is key!
OLIVE OIL BROWNIES
½ cup All-Purpose Flour
2/3 Dark or Dutch-Processed Cocoa Powder, Sifted
½ tsp Baking Powder
½ tsp Fine Sea Salt
2/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
10 oz Dark or Bittersweet Chocolate, Finely Chopped
2 cups Granulated Sugar
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
4 Large Eggs, Room Temperature
4 cups Semisweet Chocolate Chips or Chunks
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking pan with parchment paper (use either a 10”x10”, or 9”x13”); lightly oil parchment.
2. Whisk or sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
3. Combine olive oil and chopped chocolate in a bowl. Place bowl over simmering water as a double boiler. Stir over low heat until chocolate is almost melted. Remove from heat and continue to gently stir until smooth; the residual heat from the pan should melt the last few bits of chocolate.
4. Whisk in granulated sugar until incorporated; batter will be slightly grainy and paste-like.
5. Whisk in eggs, one at a time, whisking completely after each one, until batter is smooth and shiny. Whisk in vanilla.
6. Sprinkle dry ingredients over top of melted chocolate mixture and whisk or stir until just incorporated. Stir in chocolate chips. Spread into prepared pan, using an offset spatula to smooth batter into corners. Sprinkle with flake sea salt, as desired.
7. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until top is shiny and crackly and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out mostly clean. Cool pan on a wire rack until completely cooled, 1 to 2 hours, before slicing into squares.